NEW VISA RULE IN THE UAE
UAE is always pleased to welcome different nationalities to make
progress in the country's tourism and finance sector. After many discussions
and suspense, UAE has now revised its visa rules. The new rule has been coming
to effect from October 3rd, 2022. As per the new rule, tourists who are
coming to the UAE will only get a 30 days or 60 days visit visa. In Dubai,
tourist will get 90 days visit visa now. But in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, new rules
has been applied. Other than this, there are other changes made to the
country's entry and residence system for expatriates. Let's have a look at it.
Changes in Visit Visa
- Those who are applying for an outside country visit visa should show the round-trip ticket while applying for a visit visa.
- A visitor can apply for an entry permit he/she is a relative or friend of a UAE citizen or resident.
Changes in Five-year multi-entry visa
- Five-year multi-entry visa does not require a sponsor from now on. It allows the visitor to stay in the country up to 90 continuous days, which may be extended for a similar period, provided that the entire period of stay should not exceed 190 days in a year.
- This visa requires proof of having a bank balance of 4,000 dollar or its equivalent in foreign currencies during the six months prior to submitting the application.
Changes in Residence Visa
- For all residence visas, the age of sons who may be sponsored has been raised to 25 years. There will be no age limit for unmarried daughters.
- Green residency can even sponsor their first-degree relatives.
- Under the new system, expired residence visa holders get a grace period of up to six months.
Changes in Golden Visa
- More skilled professionals can get the long-term residency or Golden visa, with the minimum monthly salary requirement dropping from 50,000 AED to 30,000 AED.
- Investors can get a long-term visa when purchasing a property worth at least 2 million dirhams.
- Holders of the Golden visa can sponsor their children without any age limits.
- Staying outside the country for more than 6 months won't affect their visa.
- Without a sponsor or employer, skilled employees will get a five-year green visa. Their basic salary should be at least 15,000 dirhams.
- Job exploration visa does not require a sponsor or a host. It is granted to those who fulfill the guidelines of Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization.