- Company Formation
- Mainland Company Formation
- Offshore Company Formation
- Freezone Company Formation
- Corporate Services
UAE Residence Visas: A Clear Picture
It will be the desire of many of you bright minds, to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. And if you have that aspiration and dream you must go forward carrying that dream. And here we are to help you out with detailed information regarding UAE Residence Visa and the types of residence visas for Dubai. Let us together have a clear-cut views of the same.
UAE RESIDENCE VISA
We all know that the foreigners who really want live and work in UAE will surely require a Residence Visa. Therefore it is very important as well to possess it. And a residence visa for the UAE offers a lot more benefits than many other countries do. Therefore the residence visa holders are truly lucky enough to hold it. Some of the benefits that the UAE residence visa holders enjoy listed below. Let us have a glance into it.
- Right to open a bank account.
- You are eligible to get a bank loan (personal or car loan)
- You have Visa free access to several countries.
- Your children are eligible to attend government or private schools.
- You can also get a driving license, provided you pass the driving license test.
- You have complete access to government health services and health insurance.
How can I get a residence visa for UAE?
If you are eager to get a Residence Visa in UAE, you must meet certain eligibility criteria, and that include finding a job or investing in one of the Emirates. A detailed explanation regarding this is given below.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A UAE RESIDENCE VISA?
If you really wish to get a UAE residence Visa, you must fall under any of the categories given below.
- The first criteria is that you will work in the UAE, in a government office or for a private company.
- You will pursue your studies in any of the UAE educational institutions.
- If you are the dependent of a UAE citizen or foreign resident (child, parent, maid, or a close relative)
- If you have made an investment in the UAE.
- If you have purchased property in UAE.
UAE RESIDENCE VISAS, TYPES:
There are various types of UAE residence visas. They are divided based on the purpose of your travel. They are well explained below.
- UAE Work Visa: The UAE work visa is issued to foreigners who have found employment in the UAE and thus obtained a work permit.
- Student Visa in UAE: The UAE student visa is issued to the foreign nationals who have been accepted into the UAE educational institutions.
- Family Visa in UAE: The family visa is given in UAE to the close family members of UAE citizens or foreign residents.
- Investment Visa in UAE: This is also called as the UAE long term residence visa. It is only issued to the foreign nationals who make a substantial investment in the UAE. This type of visa is issued for a longer duration than other types of residence visas. You can get it up to 10 years.
- The Retirement Visa in UAE: This visa is issued to elderly foreigners who want to retire and spend their remaining life in UAE. For this the person should have the necessary financial means to live his retired life.
What is the Difference Between UAE Entry Permit and Residence Visa?
Well, as the name itself suggests there is lot of difference between both the types of visas. The Entry Permit allows the holder to enter UAE, but it is valid only a certain amount of time. Usually a holder of this Entry Permit is allowed only up to 3 months. Entry permit is given based on the purpose of a person’s travel. As an example we can take the case of permit given for the purpose of tourism is called as UAE tourist visa.
But when it comes to the Residence Visa, it allows the holder to live or reside in the UAE for a longer period of time and it can be up to 10 years. Usually the duration of UAE Residence Visas 1, 2 or 3 years and it can be renewed as well. But the investment visas or retirement visas are also issued for a long period of time like 5 to 10 years.
As we end up our discussions on UAE Residence Visas, we would like to once again remind you about the ocean full of opportunities that are awaiting you in UAE. Make the best use of all these opportunities to reach UAE and if you have any further clarifications or help regarding this, kindly reach out to us in FIMKIN.